Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah

  1. This is a story with deep meaning and hence we recommend readers to read and analyze it with the help of elders.)
    One day when Jagadguru Shri Aadi Shankaraachaarya was going with His Shishyas, they saw an unbelievable thing. There was a Vruddha sitting under a Taala-Vruksham and the Vruksham by itself was bending and giving its ’sura’ to him. The shishyas and Shri Aadi Shankaraachaarya were surprised seeing how a tree can bend and by itself give its product, to a person.
    Shri Aadi Shankaraachaarya went to the Vruddha and asked how he got this Shakti? The Vruddha replied “Svaami! All my life I have lived by selling this sura I get from Taala-Vruksham. This is my Sva-dharmam, Vrutti. Though many who were with me left this and took to other jobs, I never left it. This Taala-Vruksham was my aadhaaram for years.
    As Shri Krishna Paramaatma told, for a person who follows his Sva-dharmam, nothing is impossible. Now since I grew old and can no longer climb the tree, collect ’sura’ and sell it, the Vruksham by itself is bending and giving its sura to me. Since I never left my Sva-dharmam, it is only saving me”.
    Showing this great person, the Vruddha, Shri Aadi Shankaraachaarya told His shishyas “Is there a greater example to say Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah“?
    Search Terms: Adi Shankaracharya, Sankaracharya
    Published in:
    Dharmamon August 1, 2006 at 11:59 pm

1 comment:

Dhivya Dharsanam said...

Sir,

Namaskarams.

I happened to see one of your comments on my blogs site with heading (Aryadevi), through which I landed in your blog now.
Iam happy to see your blog on Kalady and Sri Aadhi Sankara and Sri Aryamba. There is wealth of information and as a person from Kalady, you will be the best person to explain well about Sri Sankaracharya and the place.
I happenned to read your comment. It is actually a story rather about Aryamba. And that was the lengthiest ever comment I've ever received.

But I couldn't understand the whole purpose of putting up a full copy pasted story on comments section.

If you had found any flaw in my narration, you could have informed me through your comments, which I always welcome and correct it as suggested by knowledged people like you. But again you didnt mention anything nor leave any message to me.

And I was under the impression that the comments section of the blog is meant for that. That is to point out any mistakes or to compliment the blog.

To my surprise I happen to see a complete copy pasted version of your blog on mine.

Instead you could have suggested me to take a look at your blog by giving the link of your site.

I always respect the words of elders and knowledged people, but don't expect such copy pastes.

If I vary from any original story you could have pointed out and I would have been happy to correct myself for the fact that I never argue that what I've written is correct.

I went through the story and really dont understand the purpose of you copying and pasting your blog into my comments section.

I am a bit curious now to know what you tried to convey.

You shall kindly write to me at as.saravanan@gmail.com, if you have found any misleading facts in my blog. I would be happy to accept and correct myself wherever necessary.

With Namaskarams,
Saravanan